Thursday 20 October 2011

Tutorial Five - Symmetry Subdivide

Now that I had shape to half my face, I needed to make it a whole face. To do this I applied a symmetry modifier to the first half of my face. Initially the symmetry modifier was oriented the wrong way, to change this I flipped it, but it was too close to the original half of my face. To be able to move it I chose the mirror on the sub menu for the symmetry modifier, this allowed me to position the second half of my face where it should be. Now I was able to change the original half of my face and it would mirror the same changes on the second half, thus resulting in less work and time being put into changing both sides. As I wanted to see the changes take place to the second half of my face as well, I turned on the show end result within the modifier. To smooth certain parts of my face I turned on NURMS sub division within edit poly. This allowed me to smooth round the areas of my eyes as they were showing as quite far out. After this I turned off NURMS subdivision to get back to my low poly cage. I then added a TurboSmooth modifier as this would give me much more predictable results.


No comments:

Post a Comment