Thursday 20 October 2011

Tutorial Two – Topology Lines

Using the pictures that I had previously edited in photoshop I started to add my topology lines to help guide me when I come to use 3D Max. With the brush tool I began by defining the main areas, the parts to my face which had creases or wrinkles, such as the area around my lower eye and lips. I then went on to draw my topology lines in red. I created a new layer and traced some of the lines that I had already created in blue and at the same time making quads out of them. Using quads will allow me to reduce the pinching effects when I come to subdivide my face in 3D Max. This part was quite difficult as I had to ensure that there were no five sided shapes as this would limit the flexibility later down the line. The result of my topology ended up having a lot of quads to it which I knew would cause difficulties later on but unfortunately I could not see any other way without having the five sided shapes appear.


No comments:

Post a Comment