Thursday 20 October 2011

Tutorial Four - Line to Surface Part Two

Now that my topology had been defined I could give my face some shape. In order to do this I had to select all of the vertices and weld those together under edit poly mode (as I mentioned in my previous blog when I had simplified the topology it was at this stage of the process where I realised the simplified version would not work).  This meant that when I started to give the face shape it would move together as opposed to separate quad shapes. I altered my viewport to make the next section easier to monitor. I had the front viewport on the left and the left viewport on the right. I then started to select vertices and match them to the shape of my face within the left viewport. As I progressed this became very difficult as a lot of vertices would sit very close to each other and it was hard to see where they were. I spent quite a lot of time trying to correct this and make it right. Making the topology see through helped with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment