Thursday 20 October 2011

Tutorial Four - Line to Surface Part One

To begin with I set up my viewports so that I could get a closer look at my front view image. To start going over my topology lines and creating my mesh I selected the line tool and made sure that both the corner options had been selected under the creation method. I then followed my topology using the line tool and creating the quad shapes. I used snap to aid me so that the corners of each quad were in line. I continued this process to cover the whole of the topology which I had set out in Photoshop previously. I did try to simplify what I already had (as I said before my topology had a lot of quads) however this made it even harder when completing the next task and therefore I had to start the line process again. Once I had completed the lines I selected one of the quads and modified it to an edible poly, this converted the quad to a surface. To make the rest of the quads surfaces too I went to attach under edit geometry within edit poly, this allowed me to select all of the other quads which then gave a mask effect as shown in the image below.



No comments:

Post a Comment